Friday, March 11, 2011

Doctor's Don't Always Know Best


Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted. I have been busy, mostly with school but more recently I have caught a bad cold. Yesterday I slept for roughly 20 hours, and let me tell you that left me exhausted.
I have been on the Rebif for about a month and a half, and I have to say it is finally getting easier. I feel less achey, less tired, and more normal each time I take my shot. It’s not perfect yet (I still feel tired, and I bruise like crazy) but I am definitely improving. It’s even getting slightly easier to take my shots, which is great since I hate shots a lot and it’s hard to do them.
It’s been pretty interesting telling people that I have MS, most people my age go “Oh, well that sucks. I had a neighbor that had that. Let me tell you about my break….” Anyone over 30 reacts much differently obviously, but my favorite was when I went to the doctor for my cold and told her. She was extremely interested and had no idea what Rebif was, so we spent the duration of my exam discussing my treatment. She told me that I would be much more equipped to tell my primary care doctor what’s going on than they will. I thought that was pretty funny, although doctors can’t be expected to know about every disease, it’s weird to know more about something than your doctor.
Other than that I have been pretty good, but I am still getting over a cold so that’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment