Saturday, April 30, 2011

Learning to Give

Hello again everyone. I am sorry that I haven’t been posting as much as I had expected at least. It’s been a hectic sort of semester. I have been feeling like crap for at least 4 to 5 months, half from starting the Rebif, part from the MS, and now part from gallstones. I had an ultrasound done (after having intense pain in my back and stomach and horrible acid reflux like symptoms) and will have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. It’s not like I need it, but I’d rather keep all the organs God gave me. Needless to say I am not happy to find out that I need more doctors or that more hospital visits are in my future. 


I also got my MRI done on Friday, which thanks to a lot of medication was only slightly horrible. I will get results on Monday, and hopefully they will be all clear. I will have another post than with my reactions. I am holding up the best I can, but it is getting very frustrating to keep getting these, well illness. I am having a tough time getting my last weeks in the semester done while having to deal with all this. However, I found a great way to give my time to good causes and that is helping to lift my spirits. 

What if I told you one click of your mouse could donate rice to hungry people, food to homeless animals, save a rainforest, and give big cats a place to live? Is one click too much to give? No, that’s why I have started to donate my time to simply click on various charitable sites, which through the revenue gained from ads are able to donate to various charities.


Simply go to these sites and click for each charity, it’s quick, painless and really helps.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3&link=ctg_ars_home_from_vet_home_sitenav




I will be posting my progress through these charities (and others that are slightly more involved) to see how much of a difference it really makes.

Sponsorship of a child: 8 cups of food
Giving Books to Children: 4 books
Rainforest saved: 55 sq. ft.
Big Cat Habitat: 33,000 sq. ft
Free Mammograms: 6
Homeless Pets: 7 cups of food
Veterans: 3 meals
Defense of Baby Seals: 3
Oceans Protected: 300 sq. ft.
Feeding Primates: 3
End Violence: 3
Wolf Habitat: 3
MS Research: .54 donated
Rice Donated: 2640 grains

No comments:

Post a Comment