Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Very Special Love Story


I want to share with all of you a very special love story in honor of Valentine’s Day (I know I’m early, but I am feeling sick and need to rest for a while). This is a story I submitted onto glutenfreegirl.com and will hopefully be published there (if so I will provide a link). Go ahead and comment your own love story and we can all feel loved together.

I have a very simple love story, one that I knew all along but took on special meaning as I got older. I have had small medical issues all my life, but when I woke up one morning with numbness in my foot, hand, and stomach, I called my mom crying. She was two hours away and the first thing she said was, I will be there. Over the next two months, I went to doctor after doctor, week after week. For every doctor's appointment, every night in the hospital, every injection, test, anything that was done, my family and my boyfriend stood by me. They drove hundreds of miles and sacrificed hours of time over those months to hold my hand while I got steroid treatments, MRIs, spinal punctures, and finally the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. I can never thank them enough, and I can never love them enough. They did so much for me, support me, and keep me positive. I can never express how much they mean to me, or how much I mean to them. This is for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment